Sunday, August 17, 2008

Save Tillie - Sign The Petition!!!!


I've decided to try and blog again. My last attempt was abandoned by yours truly rather quickly, but I figure I have more to say now and perhaps more time to say it.

Which brings me to:

Your help is needed to save an icon and historic part of Asbury Park.

In a nutshell -
Four years ago, Springsteen fans helped rescue three very large wall murals from the Palace in Asbury Park. The murals include Tillie, the Palace fun face used by Springsteen in a famous 1973 publicity photo. The State of New Jersey ordered the City and the developers who are rebuilding the waterfront to preserve the murals, and to reuse them in a new building. But as of today, the developers and the City of Asbury Park have ignored the order. To help preserve the murals, before time runs out, please sign the preservation petition at www.PalacePetition.com and ask your friends and family to help.

There's plenty of more info at www.savetillie.com
and http://www.beyondthepalace.com/newjersey/thepalace.html

I had planned to hold a Save Tillie Trivia Contest on Backstreets.com/BTX, but had to reschedule it till next Sunday, August 24. We've had some terrific prizes donated. Check them out at the bottom of page 2 here......

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=109950&sid=8f494d3bf97bd464fe86c76502541db9

I've been putting some serious hours into helping Bob and Carl and the crew, so please join me in signing the petition and, perhaps, finding 5 other people to sign it too. It takes about 5 minutes and doesn't cost you a red cent. And it's an important thing....to preserve the past.

Peace Out!!!

No comments: